16 Nov 2021
7 Winter Care Tips to Keep Your Campervan In Good Shape< back
At Stuart Insurances, we provide campervan insurance that protects our customers when they’re enjoying their passion for the open road. We also create blogs just like this one that offer guidance on getting the absolute most out of the pastime that’s becoming increasingly popular in Ireland.
In this blog, we offer some tips on how to ensure that your campervan makes it through the Winter months, which are now just around the corner. Whether you’re looking to ‘lay up’ or ‘hibernate’ your camper, these tips will make getting it back on the road in the Spring that much easier.
So, let’s get into those tips!
- Tip #1 - Take your camper out once a month for a run, as it will help to provide some ventilation, as well as stop the gears and brakes from seizing up.
- Tip #2 - Create cardboard inserts and place them inside the windows, as it will prevent your blinds from fading and protect your blind springs.
- Tip #3 - dust your rubber door and window seals lightly with talcum powder to stop them from sticking.
- Tip #4 - If you’re using a breathable cover for your camper, wash it down to ensure built-up grime doesn’t hinder its breathable properties.
- Tip #5 - Leave yourself a note and put it clearly on the dashboard to remind yourself to reverse any measures you’ve put into place like wheel chocks and increased tyre pressure
- Tip #6 - Clean out the fridge and latch it open to ensure it gets a good airing
- Tip #7 - Ensure you’re completely happy with the security measures you’ve put into place
The steps you take now will have a very real bearing on the condition and usability of your camper in a few months time. Use just these seven tips and you’ll go a long way to ensuring that your precious camper comes out the other side unscathed.
Camper Insurance That Protects You On & Off the Road
Another important consideration for any camper owner is adequate campervan insurance - something that the Stuart Insurances team can absolutely help you with. Get in touch with us, explain your needs and we’ll ensure that you’re fully protected whether using your camper or storing it for the Winter.
If you would like to learn more about us and how we do things, visit us today at www.campervaninsurance.ie where you’ll also discover our full range of insurance services. However, should you prefer to talk to us directly, simply call us on 01 288 1779 and we’ll be happy to help.