17 Nov 2020
Wondering if a Campervan Fits With your Family? A Few Thoughts...< back
With all of the social restrictions carrying on for what seems like forever, it has put a real crimp on our ability to socialise and get out and about. However, campervanning with the family offers a great way to relieve the cabin fever associated with being stuck at home and get some wholesome fun into the bargain.
We’re a helpful bunch at Stuart Insurances and in addition to offering comprehensive camper insurance, we like to assist in other ways if we can. So, with this in mind, let’s have a look at a few pros and cons to see if it’s something that would fit your family well.
Campervanning - The Pros
There’s a reason why campervanning is becoming more and more popular across Ireland. Here’s just a few of the compelling factors that might make it ideal for you and your family.
- It offers convenience and freedom, allowing you to forget about time constraints, schedules and covid rules about facemasks
- Campervans offer an exciting ‘home from home’ experience that kids just love
- Road trips in your motorhome can be quite cost-effective, even when you take your camper insurance costs into account. This means that you can afford more trips away
- None of those restrictive packing headaches you have with some airlines
- You’re the master of your own destiny, able to go where you want, when you want
The spontaneity and freedom that campervanning offers is very attractive, especially with things as they are. That said, campervanning isn’t for everyone.
Campervanning - The Cons
Like we say, not everyone is suited to campervanning, especially when you’ve got your kids with you. Let’s now look at a few things that aren’t so great.
- It’s not a luxury experience when compared to home, so kids could end up moaning
- Midgets and bugs can be a problem like with any outdoor activity
- It can be difficult to keep everyone entertained all of the time
- Your outdoor activities can be affected by bad weather
You’ve got to think about how your family members would deal with these aspects. Sure, they’re fairly minor issues, but they can easily turn a fun holiday into a stressful one.
Outdoor Fun that Provides Lasting Family Memories
Campervanning isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, but to others, it offers a great way to avoid the stress and frustration that comes with being trapped indoors during lockdown. It’s also a cost-effective way to have a holiday when you might not otherwise be able to afford to go.
At Stuart Insurances, we offer policies that cover all of your campervan insurance needs, so that you’re safe and protected when you’re out on the open road. To find out more about getting a quick quote, check us out online at www.campervaninsurance.ie today, where you’ll find everything you need to know.
Alternatively, if you would like to speak to us directly about your campervan insurance renew quote, give us a call on (01) 288-1779 and we’ll do our very best to help you find the best value available.