14 May 2021
So, Exactly How Much Does Van Life Cost in ireland?< back
At Stuart Insurances, we offer comprehensive, tailored camper van insurance for drivers right the way across the country, so whatever your needs are, we can find the policy that suits you the best. Of course, this is our main job, but when we’re not doing that, we’re creating blogs like this one to entertain and educate our customers.
This time around, we’re looking at how much it actually costs to live life out on the road for a month. There are many costs along the way when you’re on your travels, so it’s important that you budget correctly for your trip. So, let’s have a look at what kind of expenses you’ll need to consider.
- Food - If you’re good and stay away from takeout, you should be able to eat well during the month for around €220, however if you indulge, that figure may go up by around €80.
- Petrol/diesel - Now, this expense will be largely dictated by where you travel (obviously), but if you budget for around €200, you’ll give yourself enough room to breathe.
- Parking - Many places in Ireland have free parking, but not everywhere, so perhaps put €20 aside in case you have to pay occasionally.
- Campsite costs - If you’ve got a well-equipped campervan with solar panels, you’ll pay much less in campsite fees than you would otherwise, however, €50-60 will likely cover you for those impromptu stops when you feel like socialising with other camper enthusiasts.
- Van maintenance - again, this involves the variable of how new and maintained your camper is already, however, all things being well, putting €50 to the side for emergencies is a wise move.
- Entertainment - If you’re out on the road for a month, there will be some quiet nights in (the van), so having something like Netflix or Spotify will keep you entertained and cost you about €10 per month
- Miscellaneous - incidentals like cleaning products, laundry, toll booths and parking charges will likely come up, so perhaps put another €30 aside to cover it.
So, the grand total? (Drumroll)....if you want to spend an enjoyable month on the road with everything you need, you’ll need to take between €500-600 along with you, or maybe a little more if you don’t want things to be tight.
Making Sure You’re Protected When Travelling
So, whilst this is just an estimate of what you might need and no two trips are ever quite the same, it should give you an idea of the kind of ball park you need to be in. Another consideration that needs to be made is how well protected you are out on the road and at Stuart Insurances, we offer policies that are fine-tuned down to the smallest detail to give you exactly the camper insurance cover you need.
If you’d like to know more about us and how we work, visit us online at www.campervaninsurance.ie where you’ll find details of all of our services. Alternatively, if you’d like to speak to us directly for a quote or advice, call us on 01 288 1779 and we’ll do our very best to help in any way we can.