Thank you for getting in touch!
An error occurred please try again later!

Tailored Advice – Campervan Insurance with Arachas

Welcome to Campervan Insurance powered by Arachas. We have a new home, a fresh new look with the same great people here helping you to get excellent insurance cover you can rely on to keep your Campervan on the road.

We look after campervan customers from the Republic of Ireland.

We know that when it comes to insuring your Campervan, that peace of mind and value for money is what is most important to you.

We will talk to you and assess your insurance needs for your campervan, and together we will establish what covers you require and advise you on the most suitable cover for your campervan, for example;

  • You will need to cover the liability risk in respect of road traffic accidents and their consequences – we will ensure that you get the right cover.
  • You may wish to take your campervan abroad – our policy has automatic cover for up to 30 days cover in any one period of insurance (including breakdown) for travelling to the EU, the UK and certain other nominated countries.
  • You may want other people to drive apart from yourself – we have options for Insured and family driving along with an Open Drive option (25-70).
  • Our campervan insurance is underwritten by Aviva, one of Europe’s leading A-rated Insurance Companies.

campervan insurance

Take a closer look

Additional Benefits

Whatever you want, we’ve got it.


Repatriation Cover

Repatriation cover is available in the event of a breakdown to bring your campervan back to your home address as shown on the schedule where the camper cannot be repaired by the planned return date. Cover up to €500 towards the cost of bringing your camper home for any one claim. Maximum pay out is no more than €1,500 per policy year.

Hotel Accommodation

Cover up to €400 towards hotel accommodation for any one claim and no more than €1,000 per policy year if you cannot continue your journey home because your camper is being repaired. – No Excess Applies.

Portable Generators

Up to an amount of €1,250 for any single occurrence, for loss or damage to portable generators in or on the campervan caused by fire, theft or accidental damage.

Permanently Fitted Satellite Navigation Equipment

Cover up to an amount of 5% of the current market value of the campervan, for any one occurrence, for loss or damage by Fire, Theft or Accidental means.

Campervan Insurance Product Details

Complete Campervan Insurance FAQ


Q1: What Documents do I need to go on Camper Van Insurance cover?

To proceed with camper insurance or motorhome insurance, we will need the following:

  • Fully Completed Proposal form
  • Copy of your 5 years No Claims Bonus
  • Utility bill (must be connected to the residence e.g gas, electricity bills and Not for example Bank Account statement)
  • Copy of drivers’ Licences’, front and back, for all drivers

*** For additional documentation which will be required, click here to download a copy of our checklist.

Q2: Do I need a primary Vehicle to insure a campervan or insure a motorhome?

YES, you must own and insure a private car and have full time use of this car.

Q3: Are there any Age restrictions for campervan insurance or motor home insurance?

There are no age restrictions for named drivers who hold a full licence for 5 years or more

Q4: Can I add additional drivers to my campervan insurance or motor home insurance Policy?

There is an Option to add additional drivers who are members of your family who hold a full Irish/ EU licence for 5 years or more and have a clear record with no accidents claims, convictions and a maximum of 6 penalty Points (not awarded in a court of law).

Q5: What are the definitions of a campervan for this Scheme?

Campervan means a vehicle which has been designed, constructed or adapted to provide temporary living accommodation which has an interior height of 1.8 metres (6ft) and incorporates the following: Permanently fitted equipment: seats, sleeping accommodation (which may be converted from the seats), cooking facilities to include a one or more ring cooker, a sink and table (which can be removable).
We can cater for most types of campervans and motorhomes.

Q6: Can I insure a campervan or insure a motorhome on Foreign plates?

YES, Aviva will allow 30 days cover for vehicles on foreign plates but they must be re-registered in the Republic of Ireland within 30 days of purchase.

Q7: Can I suspend or cancel my camper insurance or motor home insurance Policy?

Suspension of the policy is not available at the policyholder’s request and no credits apply on imposed suspensions.

Q8: What countries am I covered to drive my camper van or motor home in?

You are covered for up to 30 days in any one period of insurance in the EU. You are also covered for a number of non EU member stated too. The full list of countries in which you are covered for up to 30 days in total in any one insurance period is as follows; Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus (South), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian mainland (west of Urals), San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (excluding Ceuta and Melilla), Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey (in Europe) plus Uskudar, Ukraine, United Kingdom (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man), Vatican City and any offshore islands of the above, except overseas territories outside of Europe. Green Cards and Bail Bond can be issued on Request prior to travelling.

Q9: What if I need to take my campervan or motor home abroad for longer than 30 days in any one insurance year?

You can apply for an extension to this limit prior to going abroad and we will consider details and advise you. Please call us at 01 6349300 or email us at [email protected]

Q10: Can I tow a Trailer with my campervan or motor home?

Single axle and ‘a frame’ trailers are covered automatically for Third Party only cover.


Campervan Insurance Policy Documents

01 634 9300