Step 1. Answer 5 questions below:
1. Do you permanently reside in The Republic of Ireland and can you confirm that the proposed campervan is not used as a permanent residence?
2. Do you have a primary vehicle that is at least 5 years claims free ? (5 years claims free named on partners policy or a company fleet policy is also acceptable)
3. Can you confirm that the vehicle has been manufactured as a campervan, has internal standing height of at least 6 feet (1.829metres) and has the following permanently fitted features; sink, seats, beds and a two-ring cooker?
4. Can you confirm that you and all other drivers have held a full Irish/ EU licence for at least 5 years and have not had any accidents, claims, convictions or penalty points in the last 5 years?
5. Are you a member of The Irish Motor Caravanners Club (IMCC)?
6. Are you a member of The Motorhome Gathering?
Oops, it looks like you need to give us a call to see if we can quote you!
Please call us at 01 288 1779
(9am to 5pm Monday to Friday - closed 1pm to 2pm).
Step 2. Quote
Insured plus up to 2 family members driving
€349 (incl. levy)
Open Drive 25-70
€432 (incl. levy)
To put this cover in place, we will require the following:
- Return of completed and signed proposal form click here to download
- Copy of Full Irish/ EU Driving Licence (Front & Back) for all drivers
- Copy of your No Claims Discount (NCD) notice for your primary vehicle
- Photographs of the Camper Van - inside and out
- Copy of Utility Bill showing main address (Gas, Electricity, Home Insurance, TV provider –Financial statements are not acceptable)
- Payment of premium
- If vehicle is over 11 years old, we require copy of current CVRT
- Converted Campervans – Private Conversions; For conversions completed privately we also require the following; (a) If vehicle is a conversion that has been completed privately and not by a main dealer or a member of the Institute of Automotive Engineers Assessors, Engineering/Technical qualification (Level 7) or a person with an accreditation with Engineers Ireland as a Chartered or Associate Engineer on behalf of our customer/prospective customer, we will require an Engineers report form from a campervan main dealer or SIMI approved garage and (b) a copy of the VLC or logbook
- Converted Campervans – Professional Conversions; For conversions completed professionally i.e. by a main dealer or a member of the Institute of Automotive Engineers Assessors, Engineering/Technical qualification (Level 7) or a person with an accreditation with Engineers Ireland as a Chartered or Associate Engineer on behalf of our customer/prospective customer, we will require a copy of the CVRT where such vehicles are over 4 years old and (b) a copy of the VLC or logbook
- The figure quoted above is an indication only and is subject to receipt and acceptance by us of a fully completed proposal form and all relevant documentation, as noted above.
- The Open Drive option refers to all persons driving being over the age of 25 and under the age of 70, and holding a full Irish/ EU licence for at least 5 years and having had no accidents claims or convictions in the last 5 years and currently having no more than 3 penalty points.
To put cover in place – you must be able to comply fully with the following:
- The vehicle must be owned by the proposer or their spouse/ partner and is registered in either name
- The Campervan must be categorised as a Motor Caravan on the VLC/ Log book (please refer if vehicle is in the process of being recategorised)
- That proposer has a primary vehicle that is at least 5 years claims free and that proposer can provide documentary evidence of a 5 year no claim discount in their own name
- That the proposer has no more than 3 penalty points on their driving licence at the time of inception
- That the campervan is valued at no more than €100,000
- That the contents and personal effects are valued at no more than €4,000
- That the above mentioned documents are received by Stuart Insurances before cover can be confirmed
- If the tonnage of the camper exceeds 3500kg Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), the proposer and all named drivers must hold a C1 driving licence and we will require a copy of same prior to confirming cover (Note; Open Drive option not available for vehicles over 3,500 kg)
Definition of Campervan / Motor Caravan and Unsuitable Vehicles;
Campervans or Motor Caravans are vehicles which have been designed, constructed or adapted to provide temporary living accommodation and have an interior height of 1.8 metres (6ft) and incorporates the following PERMANENTLY fitted equipment: (1) A sink unit (2) Cooking equipment (3) Bed
The following vehicle types are not acceptable for our campervan scheme:
- Vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of over 5,000kg
- Converted vehicles where the vehicle was originally constructed as a bus, coach, truck or lorry
- American RVs’ (including Winnebago’s)
- Vehicles that have had significant modifications made to them (e.g. wood burning stove fitted
Note: If your circumstances don’t match with the above, we may still be able to give you a quote but the premium may differ – please call us at 01 288 1779.
Step 3. Contact Us
Call now to organise your cover:
01 288 1779
Request a call back:
Schedule a time (Mon-Friday 9-5) and we will call you :
Request to have quote emailed:
Please fill in your details and we will email your quote details to you ( this will include all information included in step two as well as a phone number for Stuarts to organise cover and will also be cc’d via email to Stuarts email address)