Campervan Accident Assistance
If I have an Accident involving my Campervan or Motorhome - What will I do?
We understand that for many customers, this is the most important part – even more important than the price. When you think about it, regardless of how much you are paying for your insurance, you want to be safe in the knowledge that if something goes wrong, you are able to make a claim as quickly and as simply as possible.
Republic of Ireland:
Abroad/Outside of the Republic of Ireland:
Well, Help is just a phone call away:
Aviva deal with all claims directly, you can contact them 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you have had an accident it's a good idea to collect this information at the scene of the incident:
- Who was driving the campervan/ motorhome at the time?
- Your policy number OR the registration number of the campervan we insure.
- The contact details, vehicle registration and insurance details of anyone else involved.
- The contact details of any witnesses or Gardaí (or other police, if abroad).
- Photos of your campervan and the other vehicles involved (if possible and it is safe to take them).
What happens if my campervan or motorhome breaks down?
There is a break down and rescue service as part of your insurance policy. If you breakdown depending on your location (see numbers below) simply call for breakdown assistance.
Please note: there is no liability for any expenses incurred without first calling the relevant phone number and obtaining prior approval to proceed.
Ireland is 1800 44 88 88
UK & NI: 01 612102113
EU: +44 161 2102113
Windscreen Repair: 01 409 0900 / +353 1 898 6400 (from abroad)
Breakdown assistance is provided when the following occurs:
- Mechanical breakdown.
- Theft or attempted theft.
- Malicious damage.
- Punctures that need help to fix or require a wheel to be replaced.
- Lost keys, stolen keys and keys broken in the lock or locked in a car.
Our Breakdown Assistance includes Home start cover
Aviva will send a competent repairer to help you at the scene. If your campervan/ motor caravan can be repaired immediately, we will provide up to one hour’s free labour. You must be with the campervan/ motor caravan when the repairer arrives. If you are not with the campervan/ motor caravan and we cannot help you, you must pay for any help you then need.
Towing is provided:
Aviva will arrange and pay for the cost of towing your campervan to the nearest competent repairer or to your own garage, whichever is closest.
Windscreen Repair Assistance in Ireland
If your Windscreen on your campervan or motorhome breaks or gets damaged in Ireland - You have two otpions:
You can contact our direct repair partners and get your windscreen repaired or replaced directly by them. For help in Ireland – please call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year;
Autoglass: 01 409 0900
When you choose our direct repair partners (Not available outside Republic of Ireland):
- you get your windscreen fixed by one of our partners and it won’t affect your future premium
- there is a Nationwide 24/7 Mobile Service
- On the Spot service, No Forms to fill out.
You can choose your own windscreen repairer a limit of €225 applies in respect of each and every claim, if you choose this option it may affect future premiums if your claim is over €1,000.
1. Call Aviva to advise of Claim at 1800 147 147 and agree steps/ settlement process. Then you can settle with your garage and send the invoice and claim form directly to Aviva.
Assistance When you are abroad:
2. If you are calling from outside Ireland you can call the Windscreen Claims team at: +353 1 898 6400. Call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Sun Roof is not included in the description of windscreen
- The policy excess does not apply to windscreen claims