**Click here to request a call back** and we will call you at a time that suits you best.
What is covered under our Campervan Insurance Policy
Our campervan policy provides you with Comprehensive cover.
Below is a summary of some of the covers under the campervan insurance policy, please refer to your Aviva Campervan policy document and schedule for full details of covers and all terms, conditions and exceptions.
(this means, bringing your campervan home after an Accident). Cover up to €500 towards the cost of bringing your
camper home for any one claim.
Maximum pay out is no more than €1,500 per policy year.
Cover up to €400 towards hotel accommodation for any one claim and no more than €1,000 per policy year if you cannot continue your journey home because your camper is being repaired. – No Excess Applies.
Up to an amount of €1,250 for any single occurrence, for loss or damage to portable generators in or on the campervan caused by fire, theft or accidental damage.
Permanently Fitted Satellite Navigation Equipment
Cover up to an amount of 5% of the current market value of the campervan, for any one occurrence, for loss or damage by Fire, Theft or Accidental means.
Cover up to €3,000 for any one occurrence in the campervan, for loss or damage by Fire, Theft or Accidental means.
Cover up to €2,000 for any one occurrence in or on the campervan, for loss or damage by Fire, Theft or Accidental means.
Single Axle Trailers and “A Frame” Trailers
Up to half tonne unladen weight are covered for third Party liability while attached or detached from the campervan. Important; The towing of trailers is permitted for leisure purposes only.
Personal Effects/ Contents in the Camper
Cover up to a limit of €4,000 for any one occurrence (€5,000 for IMCC Members) for Loss or damage to personal effects, Luggage and contents occurring in or on the camper by fire, theft or accidental means.
Non-Permanent TV’s & Videos
Cover applies for any one occurrence for loss or damage to TV’s or Videos by fire, theft or accidental means. The Maximum amount payable €750 unless they form part of the manufacturers standard Specification and are permanently fitted.
Sat-Nav; Satellite Navigation Equipment
Cover applies up to an amount of 5% of the current market value of the Campervan / Motor Caravan, for any one occurrence, for loss of or damage to permanently fitted satellite navigation equipment occurring in the Campervan/ Motor Caravan by fire, theft or accidental means.
Cover applies up to an amount of €300 for any one occurrence, for loss of or damage to Pedal Cycles occurring in or on the Motor Caravan by fire, theft or accidental means.
The Policy Excess is €125.00 for each and every claim
(unless otherwise stated) under your policy.
And, What is Not covered under our Campervan Insurance Policy:
Below is a brief overview of some of the more common cover camper van insurance exclusions. Please refer to your Aviva Campervan Insurance policy document and schedule for full details of all terms, conditions, exceptions and exclusions.
- Campervans / Motorhomes valued over €100,000 (unless separately agreed and noted by us)
- Contents and Personal Effects over €4,000 (unless separately agreed and noted by us)
- Depreciation, wear and tear, Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Damage to tyres by braking, punctures, cuts or bursts
- Loss of Use
- Loss or damage to Radio, Hi-Fi, The Campervan Phone or C.B Equipment, unless stated or agreed any amount in excess of 5% of the current market value of the campervan or €650 whichever is less
- Any modifications unless they form part of the manufacturer’s standard specifications or are an optional extra
- Money, Stamps, documents or securities
- Credit/Debit Cards
- Any person Insured having a breath, blood or urine sample alcohol/ drug above the legal limit
- Any modifications, unless they form part of the manufacturers standard specifications or are optional extras that Aviva have agreed to cover
Remember, the Policy Excess is €125.00 in respect of each and every claimProposal Form Policy Document New Business Checklist Product Information Document (IPID)
Campervan and Motorhome Insurance
We provide campervan and motorhome insurance to suit all budgets and styles of campervans including classic, converted and imported vans. Our specialist insurance is tailored to fit campervan/ motorhome life and you can get a quote online for most styles of campervans and motorhomes.
So what’s the difference between a campervan and motorhome?
Generally speaking, a campervan will be a self-contained travelling home, usually with no divide between the cab and the living quarters. A motorhome usually has an interior divide and is built on a truck or bus chassis. Additionally, campervans can be split into two sub-categories:
- Standard campervans contain fixtures and fittings which are built-in from manufacture and are part of the vehicle’s standard specification.
- Campervan conversions are typically a conversion of a van, either by a DIY build or a professional conversion built by specialists.
A motorhome, however, is purpose-built and is a motorhome from first registration; they are coach-built using a conventional chassis cab as a base.
At Stuarts for Campervans we can get cover for most types of campervans and motorhomes for values up to €100,000 – for values over this amount please give us a call 01 2881779 and we will do our utmost to facilitate you.